Bot Warfare 2.2.0 - Possible Killstreak Bug

I believe I’m experiencing a bug in IW3 Bot Warfare Version 2.2.0. None of the bots seem to be using killstreaks. I tried switching the killstreak DVAR setting in the menu between true/false, and this did not work. I also bumped up the bots’ difficulty incrementally to see if anything changed. . . nothing. Does anyone know if this is a bug in the latest release of the mod? Or is there a setting somewhere I’m missing?

Version 2.2.0 is not compatible with cod4x in its current form.

I asked ineedbots and his answer is here…

So I would not use this version with Cod4x

you can build it yourself from the source code GitHub
or use updated binaries and plugins Za30CoD

Until there is a new release of CoD4x server, you will have to build the CoD4x server binary from source yourself.

Hopefully an update gets released soon (also a certain hooded figure is exploiting servers with a bug that has since been fixed, but the fix isn’t in the current release)

Yeah, I just read through the comment chain on that ModDB page. Where did you find the sv_bots.cpp file to fix the weapons bug? Was it located somewhere in the IWD’s under the main directory? To be clear, I’m fairly new to CoD4X, so I haven’t done any deep diving.

Ah, thanks for the reply. I’m fairly new to CoD4X; I’ve seen the source code on Github, but where do I physically locate those files in the server directory to make modifications?

Who is responsible for updating CoD4x?
AlexC / Fraggy

Is there any chance that you will compile the files and release a server update?

It would be much appreciated especially if it closes the server bug thats being exploited.

Cheers

Hi

I have no control over the GitHub repo, so I cannot help, but try this version below
cod4x18_dedrun (4.5 MB)

Compiled from source just now, should do the trick.

Not working.

unsupported 16bit application
cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64 bit version of windows

Because it is a linux binary, not windows.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right. :person_facepalming: