Cod4x Client development

Hey,

is the cod4x client (and cod4x in general), still active developed?
I would like to add a custom scoreboard, but that’s not possible without a small change within the client.

A dead project. The last repository update was almost a year ago

Seems to be dead, it is a big shame as the game will die without cod4x. Going back to 1.7 will be a joke for public servers with guid spoofers and other exploits.

If only they did some small updates every few months it would be perfect. Too many public free cheats with ss bypass are working now and the server list is still infected with servers like nvts using bots to get to the top of the list even when their servers have less real players than oregek for example.

Exploits will alway get round the best of updates to counter them. I don’t know why you say cod4x development is dead. The thing works and works great so why fix something that’s not broke. Anticheat is not really part of cod4x. Down to server owners to deal with cheaters. Even modern games are full of cheaters and always will be so personally I don’t see this as a problem.

Anticheat aside what kind of updates are you requiring from Cod4x?

What list?
If you are on about gametracker then report them to get them deranked. Again not a cod4x issue

Spoofing is possible in cod4x too…
And cod4x has more active cheaters and hacks.
For my opinion 1.7 was smoother than cod4x.
Its just dying because cod4x is outdated… and ye nearly dead.

In my opinion, it would be great for the development team to make a move and make a new version. There is no need to add anything, just updating is a sign of being alive

1 Like

Why should they push senseless updates??

And how can you make a new version. CoD4 is CoD4 you can’t change it from that.

It works as it should so why update it with an update that adds what?

it is a cod4x issue, they count bots in their server list and put a server with 16 players and 10 bots above a server with 20 real players for example. Bots should be ignored

nvts using bots to get to the top of the list even when their servers have less real players than oregek for example

You say nvts make their way to the top

In game server list = Does it really matter as it is not a ranking contest just a way to see and join servers.

it is a cod4x issue, they count bots in their server list and put a server with 16 players and 10 bots above a server with 20 real players for example. Bots should be ignored

*You could always add servers to favorites so you can see straight away those you play on regulary without seeing the full list

I might be a little biased here with only playing on the servers that I host. But even if I wanted to use the server list I would not see it as an issue the way the servers are grouped when you filter by players, but thats just my opinion