How to start a public server

Can someone explain me in easy ways how to start you own public server ? Many of the servers are modded and i just want to have a vanila experience with my friends. And i have also read other discussions and i didn’t get a thing.

good, how is it going?
First of all, you should have a little understanding of how to open ports or perhaps look for a tutorial to help you with the version you have as a router. Once you have that step done, you should do the following:
1- have a copy of the game separate from your game so as not to have problems when launching the server.
2- check the download option for server if it is Linux or Windows.

3- once that is done you can create a bat file or send a copy to the desktop in case of windows of the file (cod4x18_dedrun.exe) edit it and add some lines like the following:

+exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set pb_sv_enable 0 +map_rotate +sv_authorizemode 0 +set net_ip 127.0.0.1 +set net_port 28965 +set g_gametype war

add your local ip and port you opened, etc. It’s just an example

Then just run that shortcut and your server should be online without a problem, remember to open the ports and check what your public IP is and send them with the port you opened, example 127.127.127.127:28965 so that your friends can enter if you could not do it correctly Check firewall permissions or create, you can watch tutorials on YouTube.

I hope the information is useful to you, greetings, and in Linux it is a little more complicated if you don’t have the slightest idea because everything is by commands.

Thanks a lot, i will try it then i’ll update

hey, could you tell me what exactly do i have to do with ports ?

needing to give access permissions to these ports, 28960 is normally used by default, it is for other users to join through that access, if you have the dmz function on your router, it activates all the ports, it will not be necessary to specify anything.

Ok so, i’ve been trying to open ports and nothing seems to be working, i don’t know what i tried or how many times the port never opens and also i tried to run the deadrun.exe and always gives me a error saying couldn’t load default assets and its crushing my brain. Can you create vanilla servers of all game modes with all map rotation I would appreciate that too