I can connect to my server but it won't show up in the server browser

Hey all , I’ve recently set up my server with COD4X and installed the client too. I’m able to see a bunch of other servers under “Internet COD4X” but mine won’t show up. At first I thought I messed up on my end, but using “/connect” I was able to get into my server. Any ideas why I can’t see it listed on the server list in the game or website?

I’ve got gamespy 1, dedicated 2, and the “set sv_masterservers” with all the cod4x stuff from the globalconfig file it generates.

Many thanks,
M0NST3R

1 Like

you need to configure the token if it is not configured

1 Like

Hello everyone and first of all thank you for this great server tool!

i managed to set everything up with portforwarding, firewall and the servertool itself!

The server is showing on the website BUT NOT ingame

i get the following message:

Cvar net_ip6 is undefined. Announcing address 2003:eb:cf24:b600:e526:370a:c7c1:e81e!

Also if i search for my server on the website the ipv6 adress is RED.

Is there something i can do?

people are only able to join via direct /connect

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

EDIT:

I managed to get it working.

i set the ip6 command in the launcher command line. people can join now but the server adress is the ipv6 adress now … does not really matter but maybe someone could use this info

i still set the ipv4 adress via cfg and launcher but the ipv6 i dominant and wont change even if i set it in the comandline after the serverstart

i have same problem
bro please how to confirm token ?

@MAD_DAD sorry to bother you, but im also getting this suddenly. Is this something that should be fixed, or an optional thing?
in the beginning of logs I get

Opening IP6 socket: [::]:34601 UDP
Opening IP6 socket: [::]:34601 TCP

and at the end I get

Cvar net_ip6 is undefined. Announcing address 2601:18f:e00:9ad0::3c52!

Server still shows up on master list, but ip6 is red. Not sure if its joinable to others as im a night owl and no friends are up. Thank you in advance!

I have never had this problem as my ISP does not support IPv6 so all my servers have IPv4 addresses.

Have you tried adding +net_ip6 “IPv6_address” to your command line

Yes, I added “+set net_ip6 2601:`111:111:1111:1111” and it worked, Thank you! but when looking at the masterlist…it moved to my NEXT ipv6 address and is now red again…id assume you wouldn’t know how to fix this, do you think you could point me somewhere where someone may be able to help further?

Or is there a way I can set multiple net_ip6 addresses in the command line?

One thing to check is that you have port forward the correct port and done it right…

I don’t understand why do you have multiple IPv6 addresses.

1 IP address per server or are you on a dynamic host where it keeps changing?
If thats the case you need a static ip address

1 Like

As far as I, and friends can tell. It is port forwarded correctly. They can join with “connect ipv4” and “connect ipv6” but the website, for some reason, instead of displaying my now added ipv6, it has moved on to my other ipv6 address on my network (theres 3)
iirc it was showing “2601:`111:111:1111:1111” on the masterlist, with red.
I added it, it went green. I refreshed the page, it now went to
2601:111:111:1111:1111:1111:1111:1111 (2nd ipv6) and is displaying it red.

can you not force the ip address to stick on that machine using the ip reservation in the router control panel?

1 Like

Guess ill have to figure that out myself as its a Linux OS, my Windows OS didnt have this issue. Thank you for your help again!

no problem, hope you sort it. I only host on Windows so grasping at straws with Linux

1 Like

I do have a static ip address, the issue is, on Linux (on Windows its auto configured) it keeps your ipv6 addresses on your device to manage.
irrc I have the one I set in my command line, that is my static ipv6 to my mac address (or link-local) then ones a privacy extension and changes periodically so it cant be traced back. The last is (I assume) a global/depricated one.
Currently just asking on linux forums since its most likely straight forward, im just not informational with Networking on Linux.