Multiplayer not working after installing client

Whenever I run the game this image comes and it crashes automatically single player is working good but this is not please help.

You have not really given us much to go off.
Are you on disc version or steam or cracked copy?
How have you installed the CoD4x client?

It is a cracked version which I downloaded from steamrip I installed thr Cod4x client 21_1 I pasted the folder in the game file and pressed the install cmd file files were were copied sucecessfully and then I launched the game it shows that picture and automatically closes.

That’s probably your issue, it being a cracked version.

I don’t know what Operating System You Use But I’ve Had the same Problem on Windows 8. The Multiplayer just shows the image and closes back. When I upgraded to Windows 10, The Problem Stopped

It was working previously I was even able to join servers but the game used to crash in between but after downloading client it ain’t opening

I am already at windows 10

Turn on the stereomixer or turn off the steam

same issue with me its not working when i open game its auto closed i just install L4D2 game then that problem came
any solution

1 Like

I would’nt have though installing L4D2 would cause a problem with cod4x.

The only things that cause your game to auto close in my experience is the stereo down mix thing with realtek soundcards or corrupt profiles.

Other than that not a clue… this is based on a non cracked version,

If you are on a cracked version then it could be anything

Oh, same happened to me. Were you able to fix it somehow? (I also now think that L4D might be the cause of it)

No matter what, I am unable to play multiplayer after the client 21.1 installation. After uninstalling that update and rerolling back to 1.7, the game opens, but with the 21.1, it just pops up the cod4 logo screen and then gets stuck there, and when clicked it says not responding.

Edit: nvm, i tried deleting the L4D game, while my cod4 client was stuck on that logo screen, the L4D response was that it couldn’t be deleted because it was open (I didn’t open it). So i guessed that somehow, it was interfering with the multiplayer not working, i closed the cod window and deleted the L4D game, it worked. Now I can play the cod4 mp game fine.