New server exploit

I dont know who the current cod4x dev is but… there is a server request exploit to ddos/crash servers.
Need a fix thanks. :slight_smile:

Nadorix.

@AlexC

I’m not a dev, kinda, open an issue on GitHub and provide logs if possible.

Thanks

1 Like

The server owners have to log it. im just the founder of the exploit… again…
Im not even sure if someone have acces to the serverclient functions.
So lets hope no one check how it worked for abuse. But you got the info.

PM me the details if you can, I will look up with the devs later on.

1 Like

Exploit still alive :slight_smile:

Can you try again on my server to see if it actually works? Thanks.

I already did you said nothing happen.
so i dont know what to do :smiley:

So it doesn’t work then. At least not on my servers lol… :smiley:

1 Like

Its working different ddos, crash or crashclients. No problem to get the info from the founder of this :slight_smile: Seems to be a basecode bug so… idk

So i take my time to proof this.
Ingame video sv-dc

Cheers, Nado

I’ve seen that before
i don’t know why cod4x can’t fix security bugs
rcon hacking/ddos crashs/etc…

1 Like

Its no real ddos, im using an exploit, that instantly stop the respond of the server… (working in other cods too)

Please send me Private message
I’ll wait for you there ! <3

You still hacking and cheating on servers lol

?? any problem, or what ur talking 'bout?

Is this issue still a thing? @Nadorix Do you know if cod2 is affected too? If so, I might be able to provide a fix (via libcod)

I have not tested this method for cod2 but should work for all cod’s after cod4… So CoD4/CoD5/Co…BO4/MW(WZ)/CO/MW2(WZ2) Latest already released for Warzone2 in EO’s
There are many exploits to crash clients/server so im sure it works for cod2 too…

Hm. ye you can post your fix example here. But it seems like the dev of cod4x wont update this exploit. They may take care after releasing it… ^^

Some buffer/memory layout is different in newer cods, so I can provide a target server for testing. Do you use Discord? My tag is iBuddie#1337

The buffer/memory layout “struct” doesnt matter. I know it work for newer cod’s. But i dont know for older and i dont own them because i started with cod4. :slight_smile:

This is quoted from a dev at xlabs:

The last update fixes yet another DOS that has been lingering in the original engine since Quake-III.
Needless to say please update your servers.
It was found by one of us and is fixed on every client.
It came to the attention of one of our contributors as a person was semi-abusing/testing it on CoD4x in a non-ethical way.
We have no contacts with anyone from CoD4x I think but if you host servers there I would suggest you watch out for any new release.

It’s this the exploit talked about here?
Is this going to get fixed as it has on IW4x?

Cheers

MAD_DAD