Please help to Start and configure a private server

Hello, I’m sorry, i didn’t find any solution in another topic. I Can’t understand how can I launch a server and the connect to it with my friends. I’ve downloaded debrun, copied it to the root folder and then started it. What i have to do next? All help will be appreciated. thx

well, you should make an adjustment in your router so that your colleagues can enter, check how to open ports in google and you will understand what I mean

1 Like

Thank you for the answer! I’ve done all that, but I am still struggling with finding it in the game itself. I even tried to change the hostname, but I’m not sure that it helped. I’ve put External and Internal port 28960 with my current IP into port forwarding. Still nothing

here is what I’ve found in the server.cfg:
// generated by quake, do not modify
seta sys_shutdowntimeout “60”
seta sv_steamgroup “”
seta sv_steamforce “None (optional)”
seta sv_usesteam64id “1”
seta sv_disablechat “0”
seta sv_legacyguidmode “0”
seta sv_updatebackendname “cod4update.cod4x.ovh”
seta sv_floodprotect “4”
seta sv_maxRate “100000”
seta sv_contellname “^5Server^7->^5PM: ^7”
seta sv_consayname “^2Server: ^7”
seta g_motd “”
seta g_password “”
seta sv_statusfilename “serverstatus.xml”
seta sv_authorizemode “1”
seta sv_randomMapRotation “0”
seta sv_reconnectlimit “5”
seta sv_voice “0”
seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected “0”
seta sv_wwwBaseURL “”
seta sv_wwwDownload “0”
seta sv_allowDownload “1”
seta sv_queryIgnoreTime “2000”
seta sv_queryIgnoreMegs “1”
seta sv_maxPing “0”
seta sv_minPing “0”
seta sv_hostname “123Lisht”
seta loc_forceEnglish “0”
seta loc_language “6”
seta net_mcast6iface “0”
seta net_mcast6addr “ff08::696f:7175:616b:6533”
seta net_enabled “3”
seta com_zoneMegs “16”

Is everything alright here? I’ve changed Hostname via the command seta sv_hostname

I’ve found next lines:

Can not register server on the masterserver. Server needs to provide a valid token in cvar sv_authtoken.
Can not register server on the masterserver. Server needs to provide a valid token in cvar sv_authtoken.

Can i fix it?

It doesn’t have to be a master server or anything, we just want to play separate form others.

well if you have managed to open ports the rest is very easy, check your public ip and add your open port with it so that the other players can connect, regarding starting the server you can check some old tutorials to start the server by adding command line setting your ip and port and game type at startup but do it with cod4x you just downloaded, otherwise check a real server.cfg what you are entering in the above message is from “q3config_server.cfg” this is a server.cfg If you want to boot with mod that’s another story I’ll send a command line below to boot with mod just create a .bat file and it will automatically run your mod.
As for the sv_authtoken problem. you must have an unrestricted steam account to get a cod4x token (it’s optional I think I’ve started servers before without a token)
comandline
Run command
Windows

cod4x18_dedrun.exe +exec serversnd.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set pb_sv_enable 0 +map_rotate +sv_authorizemode 0 +set net_ip 127.0.0.1 +set net_port 28965 +set fs_game Mods/cod4_promod_snd +map mp_killhouse +set g_gametype sd +set r_xassetnum "xmodel=1200"

Run command
Linux

cod4x18_dedrun +exec serversnd.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set pb_sv_enable 0 +map_rotate +sv_authorizemode 0 +set net_ip 127.0.0.1 +set net_port 28965 +set fs_game Mods/cod4_promod_snd +map mp_killhouse +set g_gametype sd +set r_xassetnum "xmodel=1200"