Problem with CoD4x

Alright,

Recently I started having a problem with the cod4x client (or call of duty 4 in general), I’m not even sure anymore. Namely, I have cod4 installed on my laptop for more than 3 months and recently, more precisely since 27.12.2022. the problem appears that when I enter the game and stay for a few minutes, the client crashes by itself. In other words, I get a ping like it’s 999 (which you can see in the picture) and all of a sudden everything breaks and stops working. I thought the problem was with my server I run and the mod I put on, but wherever I go and play for just a few minutes, the same problem always happens. I have updated Windows and all the necessary drivers, I have no problems with the Internet because everything works great for me without any problems. I don’t know what’s going on and how to fix it. I ask a lot of other people what the problem is and no one was able to offer me a concrete solution, and I don’t know what to do either.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Here are the photos: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Have you tried the server without running the mod?

How do you mean? I tried other servers and same problem everytime :frowning:

ah ok was just making sure it wasn’t the mod

Try joining one of my BOTs of War servers and I will see if the log shows anything

Okey, gonna find the IP now and join ur server and give you infos about what happened

just look for BOTs of War in server list

Hi, i have this problem

how do i fix it??

Have you installed patch 1.6 and patch 1.7? I am now sure that it still needs to be installed, but try with it and if it works, than just try to update cod4x client :slight_smile:

i will try to install the patch 1.6 and 1.7 because i already install the 21.1

21.1 is versio nof cod4x but just try to download and install patches 1.6 and 1.7 and maybe it will work

i try to install the 1.6 and 1.7 and say i already had this patch. And not working. (Sorry for my english im beginner)

Hmmm. Have you tried to download directx?
Its okey for English, I don’t speak it well also

yeah i install this directx

Try download here newer version of DirectX (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35)… Maybe it will fix problem, if not, deinstall that cod4 game, and try to download new one :slight_smile:

Try running the install.cmd within the manual install cod4x folder again. Check your antivirus hasn’t blocked anything

1 Like

I get this error everytime I run install.cmd

redownload and install as:
Dont know how to install - CoD4X Mod