Request a custom URI from master server

Hi! Does anyone know of a script to grab the custom URI from the master server? I would like for people to join my server through a website and servers will start/stop on the user’s command (or join one of the permanently hosted servers)

I’m not sure how to extract the global ip:port address through the CoD4x console (if that is even possible). Any advice in this direction would be much appreciated.

Looks like the format is [::ffff:SERVER_IP]:SERVER_PORT… maybe you can use that.

I mean, you are right. However, the IP I use when I startup the server is the local IP from my router and differs from which appears on the master server.

Obviously, people wouldn’t be able to connect over the internet with [::ffff:LOCAL_IP]:SERVER_PORT. That’s why I mention about any means of obtaining my ‘global’ IP.

(K-Factor) Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think you understand my question.

Could be the wrong IP is set in config. Never seen the local IP show up on master server. Make sure that the set net_ip INTERNET_IP is properly set.

The local IP doesn’t appear on the master server. I think I am wording it wrong.

Regardless, I think I found the solution. How it works is that I set my local IP in the server config and correctly port forwarding. If people connect, they use the internet IP:port to join. My router then redirects it to my PC, which is the local IP I set. The problem lies that I want to find my global IP consistently.

Initially, I though I could query the master server for the IP, but this is not the case.

The solution lies in the fact that I have set up a DDNS service for other uses. I think I can use this to grab my internet IP instead of relying on the master server.

I am now wondering if I can use the DDNS link to direct to my server, for example: cod4://name.ddns.com:28961. If this doesn’t work, then I just need to get my internet IP from the DDNS itself.

Another solution is just this StackOverflow post which uses the requests python library and https://api.ipify.org to grab your internet IP.

Any other solutions to this problem would still be appreciated.

Thanks!