Servers with real players should be prioritized when sorting by player count

when sorting servers by player count most of the servers towards the top of the list are just filled with bots. I think that servers with real players should appear above these to help populate legit servers

4 Likes

Agreed, or at least have an option to filter them out. I never understood the 0 (20) (24) notation anyway. I presume it means 20 bots and 0 players out of 24 slots?

5 Likes

I also agree, the server browser is a mess with these bot servers. In my opinion it should be ranked primarily on the number of real players. (server with 10 real players shows up above server with 2 real players and 20 bots). This is so confusing to look at when I am just trying to find a server with no bots.

1 Like

yes it is very silly. Bots should be ignored when ordering the server list by player count. Look at these servers with less players above the one with 38. This also badly hurts smaller servers that are way down the list due to these servers that always run bots to inflate their player count and appear further up the list. And yes I understand some are zombie servers but they should not appear at the top of the list by default.

I guess one of the most beneficial things you could change is this. I have been saying it for a long time.

Bump, can a developer look into this?

Bump, don’t forget about this issue!

I think it’s easier to create 1 function in filter servers. Example:
Show servers: with bots / without bots

The issue is that it counts the bots as real players. Servers are using bots to push their servers to the top of the list when there’s servers with more real players on them that are below them for some reason. Simply don’t count bots in the playercount and it would be soo much better. Another example of this…

Hello I also agree with this

1 Like

agreed, the server browser has to be fixed

1 Like

Im bumping this thread. It is ridiculous that cod4x developers have this game in chokehold and refuse to do the one thing that could help populate real servers

1 Like

Forgive me for my opinion if it doesn’t align with yours but I really don’t see this as an issue.

for example… a bot server will show 0[10]24

so to me this says - No real players and 10 bots with 24 slots.

So whats the problem?

If you don’t want to join a bot server then join one that says 0[24]

So for me why would developers spend time on this when it really isn’t an issue unless I really am missing something here

Showing bots in any other way or form will not poulate your server anymore than you are getting players in now. Popular servers have key ingredient which are and not limited to:
1 - Good playing environment
2 - Server that has good admins that get rid of cheaters quickly
3 - Fun
etc

Once you find a selection of servers you like to play on then you add them to your favorites and players generally stick to them.
So what does it matter what the server list looks like

I host 2 cod4 servers and dont give a monkey’s backside where they are in the server list.
If people want to play in them then good if not, so what

Thanks

MAD_DAD

1 Like

Hi, the problem is that servers with bots show above those with more real players on them.
If they simply did not count the bot count in the player count when filtering by server population on the list then there would be no problem

Agree with the guy above.

I use bots on my server to provide some action when there are not many players online. Using bots to boost your server to the top of the list is not a good thing.

I don’t get this…Server owners are not boosting their servers to the top of the list.
You are not rewarded by having your server at the top of the server list and it means sod all.

You can choose servers by name, by ping etc
I always display servers by ping as I don’t want to play on a server where my ping is 250 rather than 40.

Trying to say that server admins are boosting their servers with bots is absolute tosh.
I have 2 cod4x servers and I don’t give a rat’s behind where they are in the server list.
Not like its gametracker with server ranking.

Can I step off me soap box now :smile:

1 Like

It is better to bet on a good anti-cheat

1 Like

I will pay 300 USD for this to be fixed.

1 Like

Server list should show real players first before bot count. Idk why this is a problem as
it helps all servers big and small. Anyone running a server and have a few discord friends joining will never get noticed by players that are not connected to socials.

For example a group of 4 friends host a small TDM server that has a 6v6 cap. They join each night and play an hour or 2. According to the screenshots posted they would be far down the list because bots count towards population filter. A filter that is widely used by all players to find people to play with not bots.

This has nothing to do with any particular server, its about prolonging the games life and giving players a easy way to connect with other players without having to join a server and ask if its bots or real people.

If you fail to see why a 3(24)/48 server shows up in the first couple servers vs a 16(4)/48 that could be off the first page, idk what to tell you.

2 Likes