Steam’s api dll doesn’t initialise

Hi, recently we’re having trouble with our servers.
Apparently the Steam’s api dll doesn’t initialise properly and all the players are assigned playerid 0.
Example:

num score ping guid                             name            lastmsg address               qport rate
--- ----- ---- -------------------------------- --------------- ------- --------------------- ----- -----
 10     0   71 0                                MB VALOHAWK          50 xx.x.xxx.xxx:28960     6478 25000

These three lines are now missing in qconsole.log:

Steam: Server connected successfully
GameServer is not VAC Secure!
GameServer SteamID: [...]

This applies to all players, whether they connect with or without Steam.
I have no idea why it’s happening

I do not see this problem on my servers

Have you tried extracting the server files again over your existing to replace them in case there is a corrupted file(s).

Do you mean steam_api.so?

I mean the full cod4x server files

Ok I fixed it. Basically the server’s startup script (like main_server.sh) was executed by another process (a discord bot) with a different working directory. Aligning the two working directories solved the issue.

Glad to see you sorted it :+1:

I’m also having this trouble. I will look into it later and post if the problem is similar.

Still inconsistent…I use NeHo’s webadmin for Steam authentication to admin…but I am coming up as having insuffcient power (sometimes, but most of the time).

No good for me :frowning: I have gotten a new API Key from Steam to use for the site (webadmin) restarted and done all but I am not getting authenticated…NO idea whats going on. Steam is running and linked to meand I can see my Steam ID in webadmin. Webadmin has not been chnaged or updated in any way so is it CoD4X side…No idea :slight_smile:

Anyone else using the Webadmin from NeHo ?

Its been a while so maybe I am missing something :slight_smile: