Where is everybody

Notice is says fake token…:wink:

lol no i didnt…

nearly gave me a heart attack :rofl:

HEHE…so i entered it into the console, and it was rejected …
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.activision.com
Sending master heartbeat from 0.0.0.0:28964 to 84.21.7.14:20810
Sending master heartbeat from 0.0.0.0:28964 to 188.165.57.239:20810
sv_authtoken is invalid! Abandoning master server registration
Sending master heartbeat from [::]:28964 to [2001:41d0:a:37ad::17]:20810
sv_authtoken is invalid! Abandoning master server registration
Sending master heartbeat from [::]:28964 to [2a02:730:1220::187]:20810

did you try getting another token and trying that

Has to be something with the heartbead from 0.0.0.0…where is that coming from?

can you join the server?

type in your server config
set net_ip “the ip address assigned to the server from NSO”
then restart server

1 Like

I am on Linux. Not sure what he was running. If he said I missed it. But either way should have the steam files in. I am a little bit stuck but now only can suggest new token if not tried already.

i think his problem is that his server ip is not getting through as it is showing 0.0.0.0

even on my local hosted server it says -

Sending master heartbeat from 192.168.0.50:28903 to 84.21.7.14:20810

Yes mine is the same with local IP address. On the old forum others had similar problem but a new token cured it. Maybe as you said also, try NFO IP & Port and restart.

yeah i asked him about new token but he has hit the posting limit for new users so cant reply here… he sent me a pm but not heard back since

1 Like

So, i have rebuilt the cfg file, and the target file. I put the server.auth file in both, got a NEW token, and the same… sv_authtoken is invalid! Abandoning master server registration. Even when I use the server console, same thing. I changed the cfg file, same. I put the token key in “” and same. My token is legit, my steam account is legit, I own the game and I have money in my Steam account. WTF guys. Do i need to rebuild the game? Ive even rebuilt the svr file. Weird stuff. I wish I could get into the forums and read, and have more than 17 posts. Ridiculous. Does anybody have a server.cfg file they would want to give me, maybe thats the problem, but I can see the server, join it, and play, it just does not show in the lobby. Another WTF.

Make sure you start the server with +set net_ip4 and +set net_ip6
If you don’t have ipv6 address, you can skip that.

So, Mad Dad helped me out. Turns out, you cannot use the Steam Token Maker, you have to use COD4x’s token maker. I have spent a day of my life, that I will never get back working on something that STEAM is guilty of screwing up. What a shame. Anyway, I still cannot see my servers, but Dad can. Wonder why that is? I remember a while back, the lobby was changed and you had to run a fix for it, is it the same now i wonder?
Thanks Mad Dad and all you guys for trying to help!
BMF

1 Like

After a discord discussion I am glad to get you on the right track :+1:

Well done gentlemen. Glad that you got it ‘sorted’

You are not alone @RGBMF spending a day of your life on something like that lol :rofl:

Great that we all help each other out. I am not so experienced as most here but will try my best :slight_smile:

=SMiLeY=#5619

Two main issues he had was

1. invalid token.
    I realised his token was not long enough (as he wasn’t getting it from the right place). Pointed him to the right place and solved issue
  2. He couldn’t see his servers.
    A quick server filter reset solved that.

Job done

2 Likes

I sent Steam an message telling that their “token maker” is broken, they completely ignored it and blamed activision. Typical Steam response to everything they do. I wonder what this company is worth. I know what they are worth to me.

Thanks for all the help, In the future, you must get a token from cod4x otherwise, it doesnt work.

I thought it was a given that you use cod4x for a cod4x auth token, but I don’t have steam version so didn’t give steam a second thought

1 Like