My server shows up in masterserver but ip shows in red color while others show in green

My friends can’t seem to find my server even though i start it properly and got token and set it and everything fine.

what ip are you using. is it a home server or rented.
if home, have you port forwarded the port

1 Like

cod4://[::ffff:112.134.11.52]:28960 this is public ip given to my master server. my home ip starts from something like 192.168… and i did somthing called virtual server which i believe is same as port forwarding. not sure.

try ip4 ip address as I am sure ip6 is not supported for cod4

1 Like

yeah i’m using ipv4. but you know why my ip is shown red on master server. There is a option on my router to set static or dynamic ip. now it’s set on dynamic can that be the problem?

dont think thats the problem, try your internal ip in command line like:

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 192.168.x.x +set net_port 28960

x.x replace with your pc internal numbers

I never use 28960 for my server always use another port as 28960 is used generically for cod4 game

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip (my ip)+set net_port 28960 +set fs_game mods/pml220 +set rcon_password (my pass) +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +set sv_authtoken (my token)

This is what i put on my shortcut of dedrun.exe on properties under target section. this what u talking about right?

yes and

I have this in the server.cfg file, no real need for it on command line as it is quite large

i’ll try changing the port and when i start dedrun application the console says server is registered on the master server. and i also did the lastest updates.

yeah it should still work but always best to have servers on a different port than 28960 as it stops issues

1 Like

ok thank you so much. does virtual server work as fine as port forwarding?

never used a virtual server so I can’t answer that

I am hosting 8 servers from my PC with no issues at all

2 x Cod4x
2 x IW4x
2 x CodWaW T4
2 x CodWaW Plutonium

port forwarding is to allow players to gain entry to your servers through your router so on reflection I dont see VS being a port forward client in my opinion

But as I said I have not used VS so I am only going off logic

Thanks for trying to help unfortunately changing port didn’t work. im so unlucky :frowning:

do you know any way to test whether my ip or port forwarding actually work?

You need to do some port forwarding or firewall exceptions. Open the needed ports via your router configuration (You can google that).
The needed ports will show in your console log.
Example: Sending master heartbeat from [::]:28960 to [2001:41d0:a:37ad::17]:20810

Also, you need to put your public IP in the net_ip setting. You are using your local IP…get your public IP here: https://www.whatismyip.com/

This start up command is good. Everything else can go into config.

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip (your public ip) +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game mods/pml220 +set rcon_password (my pass) +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

It says “could not bind to IPv4 network socket” when i put my public ip on your command in dedrun shortcut target box under properties. but when i put my private ip 192.168… in that target box everything works fine and server is registered on master server except it doesn’t become online.

That’s what I said use your internal IP within command line and it will work, always had worked for me.

Bro i did port forwarding .how to port forward the router (mw3) for TD-W8901N module - YouTube this is my router and model. i did everything as video. dude pls help.